The New Jersey Top Ten Beaches survey is back after taking a brief vacation while New Jersey began its recovery from Superstorm Sandy. During the break we put together a New Jersey Top Ten Beach Task Force to review the voting process and made some changes to the ballot.
Some points to ponder:
- The ballot changes were made to encourage people to think about specific individual destinations and how they fit in each category.
- This year we ask you to think about the criteria that make the places you pick worthy of winning a spot on the Top Ten list.
- Think about what specifically makes your choice such a great place for a pleasant day or for a longer stay at the beach.
- Realize that most towns charge free to the public to use the beaches though there are a handful that do open their beaches free of charge.
- Some places offer parking, showers, accomodations for people with disabilities, nearby restaurants and more.
- Destinations with few amenities might be rich with resources that provide nature-based activities and a chance to get away from the noise and crowds.
- As stewards of the environment, its our obligation to respect our coastal treasures and hand down in healthy condition to future generations.